Image Map

First three days of school

Monday, September 3, 2012



 
 The first week's password is me!
When my children walk in the door the 2nd day of school they read their first sight word!
( The first day it was up but
we were too busy to notice)
 
 
Day two we made little monkeys
 to hang from my palm tree.
 The first letter of their name is 
on the front and full name on the back.
 The girls got little flowers on their heads.
 
 
Some of the children wanted
their monkeys to hang upside down.
 
 
I found these cute monkey erasers at Target yesterday. I think "Zero the Hero"
may like these as a prize for
my kiddos on the 10th day of school!
 
 
Friday we made our
"How to make Chicka, Boom, Boom trees"
 recipe. They loved them!
 
 
Here are three of my sweet
girls and their creations.
I'm busy writing a new cookbook
 with a "How to" format to go
along with our Writer's Workshop lessons.
 
 
How many crayons tall are you?
I'm taking pictures of each
child to measure how tall they are in crayons.
Then we will make a class book!
I'll post when it is made.
 
 
I saw this darling idea on
 Pintrist from the blog ApplesandABC's
and on Heidisong's Blog. I just had to do it too.
 I bought the frame, painted it
(my lawn turned a lovely shade of blue), 
taped on the letters, and
 took the photos on the first day.
Then I decided my letters were too small
so I put new letters on and took the pictures
all over again on day two!
 

 
I have  a parent volunteer
take pictures of the children
with their beach hat and flower
 lei on the first day of school.
 

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and the shout out, Kim!!! I love your ideas, as usual! AND the picture of the beach, of COURSE!!!!!
    :)
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I hope your school year is off to a great start :)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to see your blog. I have loved all your ideas from your other site! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your Chicka snack recipe? We are making them this week and I love the idea of the children having a recipe to follow. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacki,
      Send me an email at kinderbykim@aol.com and I'll see if I can scan it:) I'm so happy you like my blog!

      Delete
  3. I am in love with your blog! It is so fun, bright and full of amazing ideas! Can't wait to see more!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!I hope to get more posted tomorrow! I'm so busy with school just starting :)

      Delete
  4. I *love* the chicka chicka snack idea!!
    (new follower sent over from Kindergals! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for checking out my blog. The kids loved the Boom Boom trees they want to make them again :)

      Delete
  5. I love the hats!

    I am a new follower! I hope you'll check out my manly kindergarten blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg, I look forward to checking out your blog! Thank you, Kim

      Delete
  6. I am so excited to see you have a blog!!! I love your website and all your great ideas!
    Welcome to the blogging world!

    Samantha
    Ms.Smarty Pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha! I excited to finally be blogging.

      Delete
  7. I made the same frame and did my pictures twice too! I didn't like them the first time.

    Amy
    Mello’s Memos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!
      Now I feel better! They really do come out cute no matter which day you take them :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, soooooooo excited that you have a blog now. I heard you speak at a Columbus, Ohio conference several year ago and went to every pull out session you had there. Just can't wait to stalk your blog!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robynn for taking the time to comment onmy blog!

      Delete
  9. I love your ideas. I am your newest follower.
    I am going to do your Chicka Boom Boom trees recipe ~ but next year now. I am from Australia and we are in the middle of our school year.
    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda!
      I'm so glad you like my recipe, the kids have been asking me to do it again!

      Delete
  10. So glad you've jumped on the blogging bandwagon! I always love hearing you speak at conferences. I'm definitely going to do the Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom trees, and go find those monkey erasers! My theme this year is monkeys/jungle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      They have so many cute monkey items out now. I found some fun plastic monkey bowls at the dollar store but when I went back to buy them they were gone. I should know by now to pick up the fun cheep stuff right away. If I find again I'll post them :)

      Delete
  11. Kim,
    I have loved your website for years, own many of your books and have seen you speak. You are an inspiration! I can't wait to "see" you and your classroom in action.

    BTW- Where did you find the Alphabits cereal?

    Learning with Mrs. Parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Parker,
      Thank you for all your kind thoughts. This blogging thing is fun!!! I picked the alphabet cereal at our 99cent store the one with the purple 99!

      Delete
  12. تطهير الخزانات يكفل القضاء على الحشرات والآفات التي تلعق بالمياه وتنمو فيها وتلوث المياه بالتالي.
    تطهير الخزانات بأسلوب آمنة يكفل حراسة المياه من القذارة الناتج من خرسانة الخزانات ومن المادة الخام المصنع منها الخزان والتي تكون السبب في تكون الصدأ والسموم.
    ايضاً التنظيف الآمن للخزانات يكفل القضاء على الرواسب الممزوجة بالرمال والحصى والمواد الصلبة والجزيئات اللزجة.شركة النجوم لرش المبيدات
    شركة تنظيف كنب بجدة
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بجدة
    شركة رش مبيدات بجدة

    ReplyDelete