Image Map

First full week of school !

Sunday, September 9, 2012

 
Let's meet the Beach Buddies!
Each child made a beach baby and
decorated their bathing suit.
 I made sure to use sight
words that we need to practice!
 

Here is our September Quilt. 
I keep their pages for their memory books.
 
It is so fun to see the different
levels of fine motor skills.

 
Our first sight word mini book is
called Kindergarten!.
 The sight word was "I"!
You can download this free
with the link below!
The book looks a little different I used different pictures. (It's the same story)

 
Add a pocket made from half an
enevelop to house their pointer stick.

 
We began our ABC art book!

 
 
This is our I am Special Glyph
 I showed last years in an earlier
    blog.They are so cute I had to
show you this years glyphs.
Buttons = age
Crayon= favorite color
Dress=girl
Pants=boy
Very simple for our first glyph!



 
We cook every week.
This week was "How to make Kids Snacks."

 
We complete the recipe and
 then make our snack. Yummy!

 
I got my BOO BOO Binder ready!

 
The body parts card and
Boo Boo writing page are in my
Jazzing up your Journals Book
that I wrote with my Dear freind Kim Adsit

 
Time for me to feed my daughter lunch!
Thank you for checking out my
blog and sharing with your friends. Kim

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of your activities. I am happy to be your newest stalker...I mean follower. =)

    If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. I have a Kissing Hand *freebie* you can grab and a cute snack that Chester left us. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Thank you for checking out my blog! I'm heading over to yours now :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas! Can you tell me more about your abc art book? How do you organize/put together the book?
    I'm following you now :)
    http://primarypointe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      This is fun! We make an art ABC book. Each week we do different letter. The children do it as part of their literacy center work. They make it themselves with patterns, tracers etc. I'm making a packet for this it should be ready in a few weeks:) Thank you for following me. I can't wait to see your blog too. (I'm new at this)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim
    I found your Oct. ideas through Pinterest, which eventually led me here. I love the bat Venn diagram. For the past 2 weeks I've been blogging about how I use Stellaluna with my class. We do a Venn diagram, too. However, I'm chagrined to admit that I never thought about putting it on a bat as you did. Well duh! I posted your Venn diagram on my latest post with a link to your Oct. ideas. You should check it out!

    Thanks for the great idea, even if it should have been obvious to me. ;P

    I'm your newest follower. Great looking blog!!
    Barb
    itsaboutteimteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb!
    Thank you so much for comenting on my new blog. I'm thrilled you shared my bat idea. (I had forgotten about it) I must do it again this year! I look forward to looking at your blog too :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim!! Do you have a book on TPT that has all of the cooking recipes that you do in your class?? I would love to purchase!! Do you ask your parents to donate items for the snacks or do you purchase yourself? Thanks for your help!!

    ReplyDelete