Image Map

3 Weeks in and Busy, Busy, Busy!

Sunday, September 21, 2014



I am finally coming up for a little air. It's been a very busy start to the school year! I'm so sorry for not getting my weekly posts up. But I think we are on a roll now! Here are a few things we have been up to. We painted our "BEARY" favorite colors last week and decorated a picture frames for our masterpieces!


Two weeks ago we created these adorable self portraits I saw on pinterest from My friend Julie Lee's clssroom. They are adorable and floating from the ceiling all around my room!



Readers workshop is in full swing! We began with how to be a "Book Lover." We practiced first on the rug together carefully turning pages and progressed to  groups of four friends at book baskets. We have been building our Stamina! You can find this amazing unit at my dear friend Kim Adsit's TPT store!


This past week we got our own book tubs and began "Reading to Self." We are up to anywhere from 6-9 minutes depending on the day! In our book boxes we have 3 class made mini books, our poetry journals and one picture book! My Poetry Journals can be found at my TPT store. Well I'm actually off to my classroom this morning to set up for our first week of independent Literacy Centers! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment