Image Map

It’s Pet Week! Some Write the Room Fun and a Freebie!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Slide1

We celebrated pets during our literacy centers. My kiddos had fun sewing our “pet pouch”. We put our writing  booklet about pet homes inside.Slide2

We took out all the words from our old pet mini book and had the children write sentences with questions. For example: Where is my cat? Do snakes hiss? Are you my turtle? On the last page they drew their favorite pet.

This darling Kitty cat is the cover to the booklet.

Slide3

On Friday we made a new recipe Loli-Pups I did not have ant raisins or chocolate chips so we used left over M&M’s! They we “Woof-a-licious”.

Slide4

We have made some changes to our Write the Room. My team and I changed it into a kind of scavenger hunt each month. Eight words are posted in different places around the room. Four are sight words and four are themed words.

Slide5

After they have found all eight words and written them on their paper,  they flip the paper over and write sentences using those 8 words!Slide6

We always wear our themed headbands to write the room. I’m a little obsessed I think I have some for every month except November. I have yet to find some cute turkey headbands! Even the boys love the butterflies and flowers! I just love Kindergarten!!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve~Love~Love reading this post. Thanks for sharing!!! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, I so glad you like the post an d freebie! Enjoy Kim

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of wearing headbands for Write the Room and getting them up, moving, and involved...not just sitting!

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am crazy about collecting them! The kids love them and so do I :)

      Delete
  4. It is just an amazing thoughts. you have expressed with us.. Find My Pet

    ReplyDelete