Image Map

Going a Little “Birdie” Plus paper Mache Pattern freebie!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Slide1

These are some “smart little Quackers who love to subtract”Slide2

Our little duckies have a message in their tummies about ducklings.Slide3

We went on a field trip to Centennial Farms I got to hold chicks!Slide4

Happy Hen addition facts.Slide5

These are our paper mache roosters and hens for open house.Slide6

They are made out of foam core and then hot glued to a dowel and wooden block. We use paper towels (The thick school kind) and starch to paper mache. I get a parent volunteer to cut them out for me. Thank you so much Mr. Tello!  Next we paint them a solid color then add polka dots the next day. I have my parent volunteers add felt beaks and crowns with hot glue. The feathers on the sides are my kiddo’s hands cut from construction paper.Here is the pattern for the Hens and Roosters! Enjoy

6 comments:

  1. Kim!!! I had no idea you had a blog. I have loved your Kinder By Kim website since 2008?!?!? You were one of the first teachers I discovered on the inter-webs and fell in love with your creativity and passion for teaching. I taught kinder for 4 years and felt like I virtually collaborated with you by getting a peek in to your wonderful classroom. I am glad to see you have a blog! Your blog is adorable and I just want to say thank you. The first year I taught kinder I was petrified. Your website gave me great ideas and made me love teaching such a young grade. Thank you Thank you!

    Sincerely, Sheila
    Sprinkle Teaching Magic Blog! $25 Amazon Giveaway Ends 2/9/14
    Fun Teaching Videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Sheila! I'm so happy you discovered my blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to write me and all your kind thoughts. Big Hugs , Kim

      Delete
  2. We hatch chicks in the spring. I love your little quackers! I had the honor of hearing two of your presentations at the Texas conference last Monday. It was so nice to meet you! I hope that your open house went well! Thanks for all of the great ideas.

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Thank you so much for your kind message. It was so fun being back in Texas!

      Delete
  3. Are the patterns and ideas for sale on TPT?

    ReplyDelete